Hello, and welcome to The Happy Pedestrian!
I am Niviya, the resident author/coffee attendant. I work as a marketer and researcher with a media firm, and as a freelance content creator. When I’m not working or breaking my back for my gorgeous cats Ginger and Maddie, you will find me lounging in my pajamas reading, crafting budget-travel plans, scouring the internet for memes, and making not-necessarily-cool jokes.
This blog serves as a way to chronicle, preserve and share my wanderlust driven-experiences, budget travel hacks, the larger role that travel plays in our lives, and impressions free from romanticized notions, with the hope that these stories may encourage and inspire others to travel more, and to travel with a heart and soul open to change.
Here are some things about me, and about my other projects –
- I’m an Indian, living in the cosmopolitan city of Bangalore. I’m willing to argue in favour of the butter masala-dosa at Airlines with anyone who believes they can find a better one elsewhere.
- A feminist through and through, I started The Happy Pedestrian to document my experiences growing up and being a woman in India. While the blog evolved to include a lot more of my travel and epicurean adventures, it occasionally features writings on feminism, mental health, and lifestyle.
- Animal welfare is my jam! I involve myself in rescuing, sterilizing, and re-homing animals in need*. I co-founded The Alternative Curator, a blog that focuses on leading a cruelty-free lifestyle in India.
- I’m always looking for ways to reduce my carbon footprint, so hit me up with tips that you follow to go green.
- My go-to TV show is Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and I’ve been dying to watch The Office!
I hope you enjoy reading my travel, culinary, and lifestyle pieces as much as I enjoy penning them!
*If you wish to help me out with my animal welfare efforts, please visit my Amazon wishlist, and support my furry rescues.